Based in Oakville, Ontario, Canada
June 1, 2012
Micron is a unique fusion of puzzle and rhythm gameplay. You place pieces on a board to deflect bullets of energy that fire to the beat. Guide the bullets to the exit through 63 challenging levels featuring a variety of distinctive soundscapes. Your solutions create the music.
Micron started as Pulse, a Flash game created for Kongregate's "Project Eden: Experience the Music" game contest. The judges included Tetsuya Mizuguchi and representatives from Ubisoft, Gamespot, and Kongregate. The bulk of the game development was handled by myself, Tom Voros, with my brother Mark contributing some music and level designs. The game was inspired by Mizuguchi's own Rez and Lumines, the way they layer rhythm elements on top of gameplay that isn't, at its core, music based. Pulse went on to win 2nd place and convinced me to give game development a real shot. I started working on a mobile port, now called Micron, which turned into a complete rewrite in Unity with a bunch of new levels. Micron would eventually make it to iOS, Android, PC, Mac, and Linux, including a Steam release.
- Game design that blends puzzle and rhythm elements
- 63 levels to test your puzzle-solving skills
- 7 level themes, each with unique music and sounds
- Create your own levels and share them with the community on the Steam Workshop
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "2nd place winner in the "Project Eden: Experience the Music" contest." Kongregate, July 14, 2011
- "It really is in that Rez and BIT.TRIP vain, which is to say Micron is more of an interactive audio-visual experience than just a simple puzzle game and if you're at all into retro-style games and music this is a puzzler you just can't miss."
- CGRundertow, CGRundertow MICRON for iPhone Video Game Review
- "It's the challenge and fun of the puzzles that propels it into the list of Best Puzzle Apps of 2012."
- Tom Cutrofello, The Best iphone, ipad Puzzle Apps and Mechanical Puzzles
- "Micron presents a perfect blend of aesthetically-pleasing visuals and head-bopping music that is sure to leave you thinking about the game long after you’ve completed it. It’s one of those games that leaves you wanting more."
- Stacey Flewelling, Operation Rainfall
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Apparition Games allows for the contents of Micron to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Micron is legally & explicitly allowed by Apparition Games. This permission can be found in writing at http://apparitiongames.com/press/sheet.php?p=micron.
Pulse on Kongregate
Play the original award-winning prototype that would become Micron at kongregate.com.
About Apparition Games
A small indie game studio in Canada. Creator of the puzzle/rhythm game Micron and the upcoming endless platformer Manic Mole.
More information on Apparition Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.